Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Intern with Changing The PresentBookmark This
Changing The Present
401 7th Ave
New York, NY
Posted: May 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 30 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which helps channel to nonprofits some of the $250 Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts, by making the experience of giving a donation in a friend’s name feel like a gift with tangible giving opportunities, wish lists, registries, and beautiful, personalized printed greeting cards. The New York Times referred to the site as an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world.” You may recognize this as the approach proven by Heifer International, which raises $115 million a year by letting people donate to fund farm animals in a friend’s name. If farm animals can attract that much money, imagine how much is available for nonprofits focused on a cause you're passionate about.
Responsibilities• Develop strategies to grow awareness and participation
• Recruit volunteers to assist in their efforts
• Invite nonprofits to join the site
• Build strategic partnerships with associations of nonprofits and affinity groups of funders
• Grow awareness through media, social media, organizations, and thought leaders whose audiences care about that cause
• Invite the participation of celebrities who care about the cause
Requirements• Undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate (including OPT).
• Smart, self-starter, quick learner and team player.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Happy to work in an energetic, creative, and supportive environment with interns from around the world.