Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
Community Cat (TNR) InternBest Friends Animal Society
TRIBE ARTISTS FOUNDATION - Non Profit Fundraising Intern/Volunteer ***IMMEDIATE HIRE** (SPRING 2017)Tribe Artists, LLC
Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Public Relations and Social Media InternWish of a Lifetime
Social Media & Communications InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Fundraising, Development & Special Events InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Special Events Intern (Fall/Winter 17/18)Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
International Program Development CoordinatorBookmark This
Casa Milagro Foundation
Posted: November 16 2015
Company Location: Athol, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCasa Milagro is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or a recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of support, including:
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Casa Milagro Foundation "Hermanos" street outreach program;
- Help to organize and execute Foundation-sponsored special events;
- Help to ensure the programs and services offered by the "Hermanos" program contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities and approved budget of the Board;
- Work with the Executive Director and staff to plan for the creation and opening of our Drop-In Center;
- Monitor the delivery of the programs and events of the "Hermanos" program to maintain or improve quality;
- Track and maintain statistical data; and
- Provide regular program reports to Executive Director.
In return, Casa Milagro will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as international program and community development, human trafficking & sexual exploitation of minors, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach. The Program Development Intern will report to the Executive Director, and will support the entire team.
THIS POSITION IS FOR SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA. THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT LET ME SAVE THAT LOCATION FOR SOME REASON. BUT IT WOULD BE REQUIRED THAT YOU ARE IN SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA, WITH THE REST OF OUR TEAM.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include, but are not limited to, to following:
- Joining us in distributing food and clothes to some of the over 8,000 homeless young children living and working in the streets of San Jose, Costa Rica;
- Help us to build trusting and solid relationships with the children, so as to serve and support them in better ways;
- Help to identify individual and corporate donors, especially those of food and clothing;
- Compile and maintain a list of local resources we can use to refer the children to needed social services, on an as-needed basis;
- Prepare reports & presentations for internal and external use;
- Identify and organize local volunteers, not only to join us in delivering food and clothes, but also artists, clowns, dancers, etc. to provide some sort of educational entertainment for the kids;
- Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor appeals;
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities;
- Maintain accurate records of the number of children we serve, as well as other important data;
- Attend department and staff meetings; and
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Requirements- Desire to learn more about international program development
- An even stronger desire to help children in serious need
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to speak and write Spanish is a plus
- A demonstrated commitment to Casa Milagro's mission and values
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and personal integrity
- Ability to work well with limited supervision