Public Relations InternAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Non-Profit Development InternAmerican Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology
Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
PR Internship – Top-Tier Non-Profit & Consumer PR AccountsBookmark This
King + Company
72 Madison Ave
New York, NY
Posted: April 09 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOne of NYC’s top boutique PR Firms is seeking creative, professionally-minded interns who are eager to roll up their sleeves this summer. This is an un-paid, for-credit (if applicable) internship that will provide training and experience as you work along seasoned professionals supporting prestigious national non-profit, health/wellness, consumer and corporate social responsibility brands. Check out our A-list non-profit clients at www.kingcompr.com – this is a great opportunity to kick off your career with clients that make you feel great about going to work!
Interns will assist with events, media relations and research for non-profit, health/wellness and consumer accounts. Prior PR experience not required, but preferred.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Contribute to daily monitoring of news/trends/ issues relevant to clients and the broader landscape
Assist with PR media projects/events
• Participate in on-going client calls and attend in-person meetings and events
• Manage client coverage monitoring, clipping, and media placement reports
• Research and creation of media lists
• Minor administrative duties and support of executive staff
RequirementsEssential Candidate Qualities:
• Must have interest in working with non-profit accounts
• Must demonstrate curiosity and interest in account focus (non-profit, foundations, summer entertainment, health and wellness)
• Must be proactive and show initiative
• Must possess excellent writing/oral communications skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
• Experience with Vocus or other media database a plus, but not required