Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
INTERNSHIP – MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS (UNPAID)Bookmark This
American Diabetes Association
3918 Montclair Rd, Suite 218
Posted: March 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTake Your Career On A Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1, type 2, gestational and pre-diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
This position is based in the Birmingham, AL office. Candidates must be energetic, team players, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. Internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, ability to craft and promote a message, comfort with phone cultivation and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes.
ResponsibilitiesDuration: Spring 2016/Summer 2016
Hours: Minimum of 15 hours/week
The Marketing/PR Intern’s responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Create, develop and implement promotional materials and social media campaigns
* Prepare media materials such as press releases, advisories and media kits
* Manage the monthly ADA newsletter process.
* Ensure visible placement of ADA events and programs on ADA website, local event websites, social networking sites and community calendars
* Work with staff and volunteers to appropriate handle media contacts on the day-of-event
* Assist as necessary with other marketing communication and health promotion needs
* Candidate must exude professionalism
* Commitment to a flexible work schedule of a minimum of 15 hours per week
* Education in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
* Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications and social media
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and time-sensitive work environment
* Attention to detail and accountability
* Ability to see the “big picture” and assist with all marketing/communications/PR aspects of events and programs
* Interest or personal connection to diabetes is desirable, but not mandatory
* Must have reliable transportation, travel may be necessary (mileage reimbursed)
* Ability to lift 25 lbs.