Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Workforce Development (Employment Specialist) InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Case Manager InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Production/Communications Assistant (Internship)Vittoria Energy Expedition
Data and Evaluation Operations InternCity Year Boston
Literacy Internship at Nonprofit Open Books - Spring 2017Open Books
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
No Kid Hungry - Youth Ambassadors - Multiple Locations - Not VirtualShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
INTERNSHIP – MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS (UNPAID)Bookmark This
American Diabetes Association
3918 Montclair Rd, Suite 218
Posted: March 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTake Your Career On A Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1, type 2, gestational and pre-diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
This position is based in the Birmingham, AL office. Candidates must be energetic, team players, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. Internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, ability to craft and promote a message, comfort with phone cultivation and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by diabetes.
ResponsibilitiesDuration: Spring 2016/Summer 2016
Hours: Minimum of 15 hours/week
The Marketing/PR Intern’s responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Create, develop and implement promotional materials and social media campaigns
* Prepare media materials such as press releases, advisories and media kits
* Manage the monthly ADA newsletter process.
* Ensure visible placement of ADA events and programs on ADA website, local event websites, social networking sites and community calendars
* Work with staff and volunteers to appropriate handle media contacts on the day-of-event
* Assist as necessary with other marketing communication and health promotion needs
* Candidate must exude professionalism
* Commitment to a flexible work schedule of a minimum of 15 hours per week
* Education in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
* Excellent writing, research and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications and social media
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced and time-sensitive work environment
* Attention to detail and accountability
* Ability to see the “big picture” and assist with all marketing/communications/PR aspects of events and programs
* Interest or personal connection to diabetes is desirable, but not mandatory
* Must have reliable transportation, travel may be necessary (mileage reimbursed)
* Ability to lift 25 lbs.