- Internships /
- Non-profit /
- Internship with Kurandza - Social Enterprise that Empowers Women in Mozambique and Worldwide
Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Internship with Kurandza - Social Enterprise that Empowers Women in Mozambique and WorldwideBookmark This
464 Corona Road
Posted: June 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout the Company: Kurandza (www.kurandza.com) is a social enterprise that empowers women in Africa through education and employment opportunities. Kurandza trains women in Mozambique with the skill to handcraft products for the international marketplace. Sales from these products help our women earn a sustainable income and provide for their families’ basic needs of food, school, going to the hospital, improving their homes, and saving for the future. We train the women holistically and also offer health, financial management, and entrepreneurship training. The women then become leaders in their community, sharing their skills and knowledge of health and entrepreneurship with fellow community members. Kurandza further creates change in these communities through small business loans, high school scholarships, and other community programs.
The Role: We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic intern to help research potential blogger partnerships and press outlets, manage the inventory, fulfill orders, control the quality of the products and assist with standard operating procedures. The ideal candidate has a love for fashion and for making a difference, is a self-starter with an attention to detail, is an excellent communicator, and enjoys connecting with people both online and in person. This is a part-time (approx 10 hours/week) flexible unpaid position that is located at our home office in Petaluma. You can receive college credit if approved by your college or university (high school students welcome to apply as well).
In this position you will:
· Research bloggers, press, like-minded companies, etc.
· Beautifully package each purchased item with coordinating artisan tags
· Label and post packages
· Keep track of inventory and back ordered items
· Make sure each product is up to quality standards
· Assist with the design of new packaging
· Additional tasks as needed
• Detail-oriented and Organized
• Great communicator (written and oral)
• Ability to balance working independently with being part of a team
• Ability to be a self-starter
• Excitement for learning new skills and growing with our company
• A passion for Africa, social entrepreneurship, and fashion is a plus!