Customer serviceUpward African Woman
Office AssistantUpward African Woman
Social Justice Summer InternshipSummer Communities of Service
ALMA NYC (501(c)(3) Arts Company)ALMA NYC
UMD SAFE Center for Human Trafficking Survivors: Social Services Summer 2017 InternshipUniversity of Maryland SAFE Center
Special Events InternNational Kidney Foundation of Illinois
Camp CounselorProdigal Kids
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Internships - Kentucky Alliance of Boys & Girls ClubsBookmark This
Kentucky Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs
3900 Crittenden Drive
Posted: April 02 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur Purpose: The Kentucky Alliance is incorporated as a 501(c)4 to promote exclusively the social welfare of boys and girls as served by various Boys & Girls Clubs in the state that are affiliated with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) with board oversight.
Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens.
Our Impact: During 2014, we served over 35,000 children and youth between the ages of 6 and 18. Each day nearly 3,000 youth walk through the doors of a Kentucky Boys & Girls Club. Across Kentucky there are 18 Club sites located in 14 different cities: Bowling Green, Covington, Franklin, Glasgow, Harlan, Hopkinsville, Louisville, Maysville, Morgantown, Newport, Owensboro, Paducah, Vanceburg and Fort Knox.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Director, the intern is responsible for executing a support role in the areas of grant administration, advocacy, communications, social media, and general support. Hours are flexible.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
Administrative, Communications & Resource Development (80%)
o Provide administrative support, including record maintenance for grants, operational documents, and marketing.
o Assist the Director in other related special projects as assigned, including the Annual State Youth of the Year program, Legislative Day and ongoing grassroots advocacy and recognition efforts.
o Develop newsletters for marketing purposes and outgoing correspondence as needed.
o Create social media channels for Kentucky Alliance, particularly Facebook
o Develop relationships with Club employees and maintain ongoing communications.
o Provide administrative support for Alliance, including regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as needed.
o Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
o Demonstrate BGCA mission driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment.
Environment and Working Conditions:
• This is a part-time position. Individual selected for this position must be able to successfully be cleared for work through a comprehensive national criminal, child abuse/neglect and DFPS history check.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• High energy, motivated, confident; independent and a self-starter, great attention to detail and accuracy in reports; managing multiple tasks with varying deadlines; ability to exchange clearly and concisely, ideas and facts, both verbal and written.
Applicable Fields: Non-Profit, Political Science, Business Administration, Communications
• Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
• Experience: Some experience in administrative positions. Nonprofit experience desired but not required.
• Skills: Must be extremely efficient, demonstrated computer literacy using word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software; demonstrated competence in time management and prioritization, detail and task oriented
SkillsRequired - Organization & prioritization skills, Able To Multi-task, Great People Skills, Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Non-profit Administration, Administrative