GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Behavioral CounselorBookmark This
3727 Sunset Lane, Suite 210
Posted: October 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you considering a career in counseling or social work? Would you like to work with youth and their families, learning and using evidence-based practices? Would you like the opportunity to gain hours towards BBS licensure?
If so, join our small team of committed staff working with youth with developmental disabilities and their families! The current prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in children in the United States is 1 in 68. In order to stand out, consider an internship working with children, young adults, and families with developmental disabilities, helping them thrive at home and in their communities.
Our program provides a unique blend of support to youth and their families. Rooted in Applied Behavior Analysis, we approach our clients from a relationship- and strength- based perspective to address both developmental and mental health issues. By joining our team, you will learn about Applied Behavior Analysis, positive behavioral supports, trauma-informed practice, the Strengthening Families Framework, crisis intervention, family systems, and mental health interventions. We are able to provide 2 hours of weekly group supervision that meets BBS requirements for qualified staff.
Aspiranet is a child family and community service agency whose vision is to take collective action to support communities and families as they love and care for their children. Our organizational culture is defined by the values of respect, integrity, courage and hope. If these values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then Aspiranet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in your community.
ResponsibilitiesThe Aspiranet Intervention Specialist works directly with youth and their parent on identified behaviors. The Aspiranet Intervention Specialist works one on one with the youth in their home or in the community, based on the needs of the child. The Intervention Specialist role models for family members how to work with their child to improve behaviors. The Intervention Specialist is part of a three person team that works with each youth and family. As a member of the team, the Intervention Specialist submits notes and provides feedback regarding the team’s interventions, and attends team meetings and supervision.
Requirements• High School diploma, GED or experience working with youth or people with developmental disabilities.
• Have a car for work related driving which passes Agency’s safety inspection. Valid California Driver’s license, proof of auto insurance & a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier
• Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
• Interns are needed who can work afternoons/ early evenings at least 3 days per week. Anticipated schedule is 10-20 hours per week, dependent on staff and client availability.
• Due to the relationship-based nature of our work, we ask that applicants are willing and able to commit to one year of part-time work with clients. Sorry, we cannot accommodate summer internships.
• Opportunities currently available in/near Antioch, Oakland, and Fremont CA.
SkillsRequired - Enthusiasm to learn, Comfortable working independently, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Professional, High Reliability
Preferred - Proficient in Spanish