Workforce Development (Employment Specialist) InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Case Manager InternCitizens Development Center dba Achieve
Data and Evaluation Operations InternCity Year Boston
Literacy Internship at Nonprofit Open Books - Spring 2017Open Books
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
No Kid Hungry - Youth Ambassadors - Multiple Locations - Not VirtualShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Youth / Children's Ministry InternshipIDEALalter
Non-Profit Internship ProgramZ. Smith Reynolds
Intervention/Outreach InternBookmark This
Manna Fund Inc
965 Oakland Road, Suite 3D-E
Posted: April 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionManna Fund, Inc seeks to address the epidemic of eating disorders by providing prevention programs, education, research, and financial assistance for treatment to all qualified individuals through well-administered programs. Gems of the Heart (GOH) is Manna Fund, Inc first prevention program, which has been created to slow the growing eating disorder epidemic by promoting positive body image and self-esteem to mothers and daughters of all ages. GOH offers a nine-part curriculum for young ladies ages 8-13, and a mother-daughter enrichment program.
The intern will assist with the development and implementation of our Gems of the Heart prevention program. This is a great opportunity for a college student or recent college grad to gain experience in an intimate and professional environment, as well as obtaining group counseling hours.
Responsibilities• Teach the Gems of the Heart curriculum
• Implement the mother-daughter enrichment program
• Assist with the development and management of the Gems of the Heart website
• Assist with the creation of GOH prevention videos, pamphlets, PowerPoint, and apps
• Assist in providing orientation or information sessions for parents, teachers, staff or administrators in target area school and community sites when requested
• Work with research team to create surveys to measure, 1) ED knowledge baseline and what was learned, 2) program effectiveness, 3) interests on the subject, etc.
• Assist with customizing and then disseminating press releases
• Manage calendar of event
• Assist with event planning
Requirements• Major: In pursuit of B.A. in Psychology, Counseling
• Experience working with children
• Experience assisting with the development of a prevention program
• Experience assisting with research projects
• It is preferred that this intern has experience and familiarity with eating disorders
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Office 365, Publisher, iContact, Camera Skills, Media Communications, Presenting, Child Advocacy, Eating Disorders, Research
Preferred - Strong Communication Skills, Strong Work Ethic, Writing and Editing