Voluntourism InternshipMalama Kauai
Social Media InternHelp Club for Moms
Find jobs for our clientsAccelaar
Virtual Administrative/Event Programming InternOrange Brule
Haiti Service Learning Program Intern (In Haiti July 22-Aug 6, 2017)Expressive Arts Place LLC
Sponsorship Coordinator InternsTBA
HOMELAND SECURITY & EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPHomeland Security Advisory Council
TSF SUMMER LEADERSHIP FELLOWThe Sanneh Foundation
JDRF Internship for One WalkBookmark This
291 Independence Boulevard, Suite 517
Virginia Beach, VA
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence, and a working plan to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure T1D.
JDRF Hampton Roads Chapter has an exciting full or part time internship opportunity available. This position is ideal for an undergraduate student seeking experience in the non-profit sector, including event-planning, relationship management, marketing, public health, and fundraising. The intern selected for this position will work primarily on the 2017 Walks in Virginia Beach.
The position provides the opportunity to gain experience and training in:
• Constituent relationship management
• Meeting planning/execution
• Database management
• Special event logistics and planning
• General office skills
Candidates that can commit to full-time hours and a two-term commitment will be given higher consideration.
JDRF will be happy to provide an evaluation and letter of recommendation at the end of your internship.
For consideration, please email Savannah Bolin at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and brief cover letter.
Responsibilities• Using a database, track and monitor participants and donations
• Research companies/markets, volunteer and fundraising opportunities using internet
• Assist in planning and implementation of events
• Marketing and design of chapter e-communications including website, Facebook, e-newsletters, and print materials
• Represent JDRF and our programs and events over the phone and in person at functions and events
• Work with volunteers to assist in their fundraising efforts
• Other office duties as assigned
Requirements• This position is open to college students in good academic standing, completing their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable performing local outreach and giving presentations to businesses and constituents.
• Ability and willingness to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Great attention to detail and accountability for work.
• Optimistic, team-player with a friendly, outgoing demeanor a must.
• Employ discretion, tact, and empathy; pro-active and intuitive people skills.
• Proficient computer skills including e-mail, web browsing, typing, etc.
• Comfort level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
• The ideal candidate will possess friendly phone etiquette, problem solving skills and enjoy working independently as part of a team. Candidate must be a self-starter, creative, resourceful and outgoing.