Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Join the Fundraising Team at the SF Playhouse this Fall!Bookmark This
The San Francisco Playhouse
450 Post Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: September 20 2016
DescriptionOverview: SFPH Internships provide an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the day-to-day and long-term workings of a professional theater company. Each intern works closely with their supervisor to create learning goals at the start of the internship that include a special project within their department. Interns are treated as part of the Playhouse family which operates under the company’s values of Empathy, Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration and the ever important Yes. All interns leave the program with new connections, strong skills and real life experiences to add to their overall education.
Description: Become a member of the San Francisco Playhouse Fundraising Team! Intern will have the opportunity to learn in all areas of Fundraising, encompassing Individual Gifts, Foundation Grants, Corporate Giving and Special Events. This position if a great opportunity for students interested in a career in arts administration, nonprofit management, or public administration.
NOTE: Intern will not be making asks for major gifts. Fear not!
ResponsibilitiesYou Will Learn:
• How to Research Corporate, Foundation and Individual Donor Prospects
• Online Database Management
• The Life of a Donation – from Receipt to Acknowledgement
• Patron Development – ranging from “Persons of Note” Tracking to Face Time
• Special Event Planning and Coordination
• Shadow Grant-Writing
• Brainstorm Subscription and Ticket Possibilities
• Proper Maintenance of Donor and Fundraising Records
RequirementsWhat We Expect:
• A Strong Interest in Live Theatre
• Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Computer Competence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail, etc.)
• Flexibility with Changing Priorities and Demands
• Ability to Multi-Task and Prioritize
• Ability to Collaborate, Analyze and Problem-Solve
• Evening and Weekend availability required
• Time Management Skills a Must
• A Can-Do Attitude
• Fundraising Experience
• Attention to Detail
• Salesforce Experience a plus
Internships require 15 - 30 hours per week commitment. This includes a good amount of weekend and evening time. Interns should expect to be at SFPH at least 3-5 days each week for 4-8 hours per day. Schedules may vary week to week based on the theatre’s events.
Regardless of department, all interns are expected to be available for:
• Lobby Greeter Shifts
• Observe no less than one Table Read or Final Dress
• Opening Night Events
• Sandbox Load-In and Strike
• Rehearsal Assistance as Needed
• Other Special Events or SFPH Calendar events as they arise.
SkillsRequired - Writing Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Flexibility, Able To Multi-task, Teamwork, Time Management, Fundraising, Close Attention to Detail
Preferred - Salesforce