Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Latino Outreach & Education InternshipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant St.
Posted: January 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview of Alzheimer’s Association
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association, Massachusetts/New Hampshire Chapter is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and in Bedford, NH.
ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Latino Outreach Program Coordinator, the Latino Outreach Intern will help to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s in Latino communities in Greater Boston. This will be accomplished in the following ways:
• Conduct research about local Latino groups and identify key contacts within each group
• Develop a database of Latino groups and key contacts
• Reach out and cultivate relationships with local Latino groups
• Coordinate & deliver Alzheimer’s educational programs in Spanish. Training provided.
• Translate resource materials into Spanish
• Create flyers to promote Alzheimer’s Association programs and events
• Occasionally assist with staffing Alzheimer’s Association resource tables at events with Spanish speaking participants
• Bilingual in Spanish/English
• Public Speaking Skills
• Familiarity with Latino culture
• Comfortable making phone calls
• Self-starter with the ability to manage tasks independently
• Outgoing, energetic personality
Familiarity with the following programs is preferred but not required:
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
• Adobe Photoshop
• Raiser’s Edge