Adaptive Sports InternBreckenridge Outdoor Education Center
Non-Profit Management & Development InternSan Antonio Parks Foundation
Volunteer and Outreach Internship - Kentucky Horse ParkKentucky Horse Park
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Spring Intern, Volunteer RelationsNew York Cares
Research, Writing and Outreach InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Human Trafficking InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Left Forum Video InternshipBookmark This
CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: August 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionContinuing a tradition that began in the 1960s, Left Forum convenes an international conference each year in New York City. The conference involves a broad spectrum of progressive intellectuals, organizers and academics, who come together to share ideas to transform the world; to better understand commonalities, differences, and alternatives to current predicaments; and to engage a wide range of critical perspectives on the world. Left Forum 2015 drew more than 4,200 participants for 400 panels. Speakers include Noam Chomsky, Angela Davis, Harry Belafonte, Arundhati Roy, Naomi Klein, Cornel West, Bolivian Vice President Álvaro García Linera, Frances
Fox Piven, Amy Goodman, Slavoj Žižek, Grace Lee Boggs, Michael Moore, Marina Sitrin, and Immortal Technique.
Left Forum seeks to fill a video technician and production internship. This is a one to two semester internship and can be scheduled according to the intern’s academic calendar and requirements.
• Edit and produce video clips, promotional pieces and full length videos
• Utilize multiple video editing and production platforms.
• Work with ally video and media outlets in the production of – and posting – of video footage
• Help to coordinate ally and volunteer videographers for live conference video recording and production
• Join in and help build team-work in creative development and production processes
• Help digitize, edit and upload and promote video content—conference panels, featured speakers, interviews and more
• Help to create and maintain a user-friendly interactive archival video interface
• Initiate and contribute to marketing and social media networking campaigns to promote the conference video and media archive along with outreach and networking on particular video topic area tracks that appeal to different constituencies.
RequirementsBACKGROUND AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
• Previous digital media and video editing experience is strongly preferred
• Background as a social media/digital strategist (is a plus - but not required)
• High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion
• Ability to work independently and remotely
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
• Communications and/or marketing background is helpful
• Familiarity with web content management systems (Drupal or equivalent web content programs) (plus, but not required)
• Familiarity with social media networking