- Internships /
- Non-profit /
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Student Series Outreach Intern (Spring 2017)
Non-Profit Internship ProgramZ. Smith Reynolds
ZSR Summer InternshipZ. Smith Reynolds
Development and Special Events Intern - Spring 2017Commonwealth Shakespeare Company
Development /Fundraising InternAustin Striders Track Club
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Special Events InternLeukemia and Lymphoma Society
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Social Media InternshipJamaica Land We Love
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Student Series Outreach Intern (Spring 2017)Bookmark This
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
5433 Westheimer Road Suite 300
Posted: October 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOutreach Interns will be able to join an enthusiastic team within the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that focuses on working with schools participating in our philanthropic community service project.
Various tasks include: making outbound phone calls and sending e-mail communication to targeted contacts for the LLS school-based campaign, visiting schools for assemblies and meetings and assisting the Student Series team. This opportunity is well-suited position for candidates that are interested in broadening their knowledge of campaign support, nonprofit organization and relationship building. Ideal candidates will enjoy working with others and supporting the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) which is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
LLS exists to find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. We are the voice for all blood cancer patients and we work to ensure access to treatments for all blood cancer patients.
Responsibilities• Proficiently make outbound phone and acknowledgement calls to prospective and existing contacts and/or leads in order to create interest in and commitment to participation in campaign.
• Provide accurate follow up through proactive phone and/or e-mail communications and visiting nearby schools to assist with assemblies and strategy planning meetings.
• Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
• Prepare assigned campaign correspondence and reports.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to professionally represent LLS and its mission
• Capacity to confidently speak with educators regarding key messages and values of the campaign
• Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and team player
• Ability to collect and organize data effectively
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite and databases
Education & Experience Requirements:
• High School degree
• Commitment to assisting the team for the overall success of the campaign
SkillsRequired - Passion for Helping Others, Administrative Organization, Proactive
Preferred - Prospecting, Engaging Public Speaker