Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Life Skills CoordinatorBookmark This
A Family For Every Child
1675 W 11th Ave
Posted: March 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. Our mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child. We are currently looking for somebody to coordinate the life skills component of our mentor program.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Mentor Program Director the intern/volunteer will:
- Help coordinate the Life Skills Program
- Reach out into the community to find people that can teach different life skills to the youth.
- Keep the youth and foster parents up to date on where, when and what classes will be offered each month.
Requirements- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/Data entry
- Ability to reach out into the community to find people that can help teach life skills classes
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to find resources for teens aging out of foster care