Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Light The Night Walk InternBookmark This
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
6033 West Century Blvd., Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) California Southland Chapter is seeking unpaid interns to join a small, dedicated team in planning various events throughout the year for its Light The Night Walk campaign, which raises over $1 million each year. This is an ideal position for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in non-profit, fundraising/development, and/or event coordination while making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by blood cancers.
ResponsibilitiesThe Intern’s primary duties & responsibilities will involve (depending on the season):
• Coordinating logistical aspects of various events such as securing in-kind donations, recruiting volunteers, preparing event materials, etc.
• Creating and updating campaign materials, including: correspondence, promotional packets and flyers using Microsoft Publisher, Word and Excel
• Updating campaign websites (training provided, no coding involved)
• Helping with day-of-event logistics and taking a leadership role onsite
• Assisting in maintaining relationships with retail “paper balloon” partners and weekly fulfillment of materials
• Working with local businesses to facilitate involvement with our campaigns
• Assisting in activities aimed at recruiting new walkers/teams and recommitment of previous participants
• Preparing mailings to be sent to potential participants and donors
• Supporting all campaign staff as needed
This is an unpaid internship – parking and mileage reimbursement is included.
RequirementsWe are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain close attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team.
Hours: 10 – 30 hours a week (flexible) during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) plus some events on weekday evenings or weekends when your schedule allows; preferable to work July/August to November.
Applicant Instructions: Send resume and cover letter to:
Phone: (310) 846-4711
Fax: (310) 342-5801, Attn: Victoria Kemp
In the cover letter, please include the following: days/hours available, start date/end date, and why you are interested in interning for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.