Family Services Summer InternRonald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
PAID Internship Summer 2017 - Event Fundraising for Child Sponsorship Organization!Charity Advertising & Marketing Partners
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
CORRAL Riding Academy Programming InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Equine InternCORRAL Riding Academy
CORRAL Riding Academy Communications InternCORRAL Riding Academy
2017 Programs/Development InternBest Buddies North Carolina
Light The Night Walk InternBookmark This
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
6033 West Century Blvd., Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: June 04 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) California Southland Chapter is seeking unpaid interns to join a small, dedicated team in planning various events throughout the year for its Light The Night Walk campaign, which raises over $1 million each year. This is an ideal position for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in non-profit, fundraising/development, and/or event coordination while making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by blood cancers.
ResponsibilitiesThe Intern’s primary duties & responsibilities will involve (depending on the season):
• Coordinating logistical aspects of various events such as securing in-kind donations, recruiting volunteers, preparing event materials, etc.
• Creating and updating campaign materials, including: correspondence, promotional packets and flyers using Microsoft Publisher, Word and Excel
• Updating campaign websites (training provided, no coding involved)
• Helping with day-of-event logistics and taking a leadership role onsite
• Assisting in maintaining relationships with retail “paper balloon” partners and weekly fulfillment of materials
• Working with local businesses to facilitate involvement with our campaigns
• Assisting in activities aimed at recruiting new walkers/teams and recommitment of previous participants
• Preparing mailings to be sent to potential participants and donors
• Supporting all campaign staff as needed
This is an unpaid internship – parking and mileage reimbursement is included.
RequirementsWe are looking for an organized and creative self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain close attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team.
Hours: 10 – 30 hours a week (flexible) during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm) plus some events on weekday evenings or weekends when your schedule allows; preferable to work July/August to November.
Applicant Instructions: Send resume and cover letter to:
Phone: (310) 846-4711
Fax: (310) 342-5801, Attn: Victoria Kemp
In the cover letter, please include the following: days/hours available, start date/end date, and why you are interested in interning for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.