COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
DEVELOPMENT INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Buildings Research and Data Analysis Internship-- PAIDSoutheast Energy Efficiency Alliance
Interns for Single Mothers OrganizationThe Single Mothers Network
Play Streets InternHarvest Home Farmers Market
Program Operations Assistant - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Development and Communications Intern (Spring semester)Interfaith Social Services
Livelihoods Intern - SpringBookmark This
411 5th Avenue, Suite 1006
New York, NY
Posted: September 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
HIAS seeks a Global programs intern to assist the Livelihoods team in developing a micro-enterprise curriculum and tools to support refugee-run and female-owned businesses in informal contexts. This position is unpaid but may be pursued for academic credit. A semester or quarter commitment is required.
• Researches and reviews existing micro-enterprise development tools and trainings.
• Assists with the development of curriculum and tools in micro-enterprise development for HIAS’ population of concern.
• Supports the development of training-of-trainer’s materials for HIAS in-country livelihood staff.
RequirementsQualifications and Requirements:
• Pursuing a graduate degree.
• Strong interest in refugee protection, international development, and/or economic development.
• Strong research, organizational and communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently and in a fast-paced work environment.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.