InternsFocal Point Global
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Las Vegas, NVShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Saint Paul, MNShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Program and/or Fundraising Summer InternshipWylderness Youth Leadership Diversity (WYLD)
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, MEShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Portland, ORShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
No Kid Hungry Summer Youth Ambassador | Milwaukee, WIShare Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign
Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Community Health Improvement Partners
5095 Murphy Canyon Rd Suite 105
San Diego, CA
Posted: April 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn internship with Community Health Improvement Partners (CHIP) provides a rewarding opportunity to work in the public health sector. This position will focus primarily on fundraising/marketing efforts and support of CHIP’s special events. The position will include both projects and support work, and it will provide opportunities to engage with day to day operations of staff, partners, and other decision makers. Interns will gain relevant work experience in the development/fundraising events field and gain insight on CHIP’s efforts to address public health needs.
CHIP is a 501c3 non-profit organization with the mission to advance long-term solutions to priority health needs through collaboration and community engagement. CHIP facilitates programs and initiatives including the San Diego County Childhood Obesity Initiative, Resident Leadership Academy, Independent Living Association, Suicide Prevention Council, REACH Chula Vista, Lemon Grove Healthy Eating Active Living Zone and Health Literacy San Diego.
Responsibilities• • Provide PR/Marketing support including distribution of event information, press release and developing media content.
• Research and develop marketing plan and assist with marketing efforts
• Assisting with event planning & logistics
• Responsible for soliciting in-kind donations from businesses and individuals for events
• Developing written material and working with staff on renewals from previous event sponsors
• Assisting with correspondence and securing of vendor and donors information
• Assisting with outreach through distribution of collateral materials to businesses & organizations
• Preparing for and attending meetings
• Recruiting volunteers to staff the event
• Support fund development team & event committee as needed
• Complete other tasks as needed
Requirements• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing & Public Relations or similar area preferred
• Interest in the promotion of public health
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to receive directions and undertake unfamiliar tasks
• Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly
• Professional attire (business casual for the office, business formal for meetings/events)
• Effective and professional phone manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook , Excel and Adobe InDesign
• Experience with designing and developing marketing materials i.e. flyers, brochures & etc.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to complete complex tasks without supervision