Social Media InternshipSchools for Girls
Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
Marketing and Community Engagement InternBookmark This
John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, Inc.
23A Moulton St.
Posted: September 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout the John F. Kennedy Family Service Center: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, Inc., (Kennedy Center) is a 501(c)(3) multi-service non-profit corporation located in Charlestown, MA. We develop and operate high quality programs that serve a wide range of ages and needs. We have achieved expertise in early childhood education, day care, after school programs, antipoverty based community services and elder care supports and services.
Summary: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, in Charlestown MA, is seeking a qualified intern to assist our Director of Community Services in developing, implementing, and executing programs and policies sponsored by the Kennedy Center’s Community Services department.
This internship start/end date is flexible. The intern is expected to work at least 15 hours per week during normal business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and occasionally be available on weekends for community events. All internships are unpaid. Our offices are located in Charlestown with easy access to public transportation and on street parking.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Functions:
• Assist with social media content management. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Assist with basic web updates (WordPress)
• Generate and monitor content for all electronic media platforms and community newsletter
• Assist with community engagement projects/events
• Assist with the preparation of marketing/advertising materials and grant proposals
• Provide Administrative support (Program/Organization minutes, update calendar, etc)
• Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required
• Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited academic program and authorized by their school to participate in the internship
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in MS programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Graphic and/or web design skills/experience
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying
• Valid driver’s license
• Previous experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit organization is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to meet work schedules, learn quickly and work independently
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public