Event CoordinatorThe G.Y.M. Project
Social Media & Community Management InternThe G.Y.M. Project
Fundraising Intern for One Warm CoatOne Warm Coat
Business Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Grant Writing InternTubman
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Regional Mental Health Advocacy Coordinator - VirtualGriffin Ambitions Ltd.
Teachers/Counselors at SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Marketing Communications InternBookmark This
Humane Society of Northeast Georgia
845 West Ridge Road
Posted: September 21 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSince 1913, the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) has worked to create better futures for at-need companion animals. A private, non-profit 501(c)3 selective admission shelter, HSNEGA’s mission is to establish a community recognized for responsible pet ownership and humane treatment of animals by offering basic pet wellness and spay/neuter services, public education, and placement of companion animals.
We are looking for driven, innovative individuals to join our team as interns, preferably junior, senior or graduate students from area colleges. Great opportunity for creative, motivated students to work for a progressive non-profit and generate meaningful portfolio samples all while making a difference. Interested? Contact Julie Edwards, Executive Director, at JulieEdwards@HSNEGA.org. We look forward to you joining our LIFE SAVER team!
ResponsibilitiesWork will include:
- Creating original social media content on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Enhancing/updating social media sites
- Conceptualizing and writing original blog posts
- Videography and photography that supports campaigns/projects
- Assisting with fundraising and outreach events
- Writing and sending media releases
- Basic graphic design of flyers, social media posts, etc.
- Assisting with donor stewardship and retention efforts
- All other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with all forms of social media
- Skilled writer with creative edge
- Strong editing and grammatical skills
- Internet- and technology-savvy
- Self-starter with ability to accept guidance
- Basic photography and videography skills (intermediate skills a plus)
- Familiar with photo and video editing tools (Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Currently studying Communications, PR, Marketing or equivalent
- Interest in and enthusiasm for nonprofit organizations and a passion for the mission of animal welfare organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products—particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic to intermediate graphic design skills a plus
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Marketing Communications, Social Marketing, Social Media Communications, Social Media Blogging, Social Media Development, Multimedia Marketing Communications
Preferred - Videography, Computer Graphics Design, Candid Photography