Interns for non for profit women's cancer foundationCarol Galvin Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing Communications InternBookmark This
Humane Society of Northeast Georgia
845 West Ridge Road
Posted: November 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) is looking for driven, innovative individuals to join our team as interns, preferably junior, senior or graduate students from area colleges. Great opportunity for creative, motivated students to work for a progressive non-profit and generate meaningful portfolio samples all while making a difference.
The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia's mission is to create a community recognized for responsible pet ownership and humane treatment of animals through offering basic pet wellness and spay/neuter services, public education, and placement of companion animals.
Who We Are
Serving northeast Georgia since 1913, HSNEGA provides vital services to animals and people alike. A private, non-profit organization that receives no public or government funding, HSNEGA receives no monies from national humane organizations or county, state or federal government funds. Instead, we are supported solely by private donations, grants, bequests, investments, and fees for service.
What We Do
HSNEGA is a selective admission facility, meaning we take in healthy animals from owners and other shelters and rescue groups as space allows. We do not euthanize based on duration of stay or space. Instead, animals stay with us until they find a new forever home. Our focus is on rescue/adoption of abandoned, neglected and at-need animals throughout our community.
ResponsibilitiesThis intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of non-profit marketing. Work will include creating original content on a variety of platforms including WordPress blogs; assisting with marketing campaigns/projects; and assisting with events. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
- Assisting in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Preparing presentations
- Providing support to social media efforts
- Assisting with promotion and coordination of fundraising events
- Assisting with promotion and coordination of community outreach initiatives
Requirements- Currently studying Communications, PR, Marketing or equivalent
- Interest in and enthusiasm for nonprofit organizations and a passion for the mission of animal welfare organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Video and photography skills a plus
- Familiar with photo and video editing tools (Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Skilled writer with creative edge
- Strong editing and grammatical skills
- Internet- and technology-savvy
- Familiarity with all forms of social media
- Self-starter with ability to accept guidance
SkillsRequired - Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications Planning
Preferred - Graphic Design, Photography, Creative Writing