Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Marketing & DevelopmentBookmark This
101 Regent Avenue
Posted: January 06 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWork to promote and prepare for WaterFire events as related to the Development department, which primarily involves marketing, fundraising, public relations, and event planning. The internship may be done for academic credit, career exploration, or service learning. The Intern will work in a variety of activities and tasks including: press announcements, sponsorship relations, organizing and project planning, data entry, website maintenance, social media, event management and related items.
ResponsibilitiesWaterFire is a seasonal event, and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of WaterFire Providence administration.
• Assist in designing and writing advertisements for media and print
• Assist in developing and managing fundraisers and fundraising campaigns
• Follow-through on sponsorship requirements and post-event follow-up
• Tend to errand running and shopping activities as needed
• Manage pre and post event tasks related to sponsorship fulfillment
• Research and present ideas that save cost, grant funds, and generally support the mission of WaterFire Providence
• Communicate professionally with volunteers, media contacts and sponsors via phone call, email, and in-person
• Manage small volunteer groups to complete tasks and projects
• Assist WaterFire Providence staff as needed with respect to event production and organization’s needs
RequirementsInterns are expected to participate in all WaterFire lightings. Responsibilities at WaterFire may include: managing volunteers, communicating with and hosting VIP’s, reception set-up and breakdown, errand running, managing boat rides, and clean-up.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be a great listener.
Must be responsible and have a strong sense of professionalism.
Must have genuine interest in art, culture and community, and WaterFire.
Must have a sense of humor.
Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Must be competent in Microsoft Office, and have general computer and internet knowledge.
Supervisor: Development Coordinator, Corinne Barber
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Applications
Preferred - Salesforce