Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Marketing Intern - FallBookmark This
West Michigan Symphony
360 W. Western Ave. 2nd floor
Posted: September 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWest Michigan Symphony (WMS) is a widely recognized professional orchestra and proud to be a leader in West Michigan’s cultural community for the past 75 years. Internship with WMS will provide the applicant with experience working in arts administration, including assistance with creating marketing pieces for distribution, online marketing, ticketing and working directly with our patrons in-office and at concerts. This is an unpaid internship, but you will get free tickets to WMS concerts and hands-on experience working in the arts with a fun, energetic team!
Position requires 4-12 hours of work on-site weekly. No telecommuting.
Responsibilities- Assist in ticket office, working with patrons and on promotional mailings.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with concerts and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Arts Marketing Preferable
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be comfortable learning new technology.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - AP style writing