Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Marketing InternBookmark This
Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts
88 Warren St
Posted: March 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionULEM seeks Marketing/Social Media Interns to be part of a coordinated team raising funds and ULEM awareness while continuing to empower communities and change lives. The interns assist with implementing all aspects of ULEM’s communications and fundraising plans, including generating press releases, managing social media, event planning, and other tasks as assigned. These positions provide a great opportunity for professional growth and will allow the right candidates to use a diverse range of skills and experience, while working as a key member of a collaborative team. Assignments are mutually determined and based on the candidate’s strengths, as well as what s/he wants to learn.
Founded in 1917 and affiliated in 1919, the Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts (ULEM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, dedicated to building stronger communities by championing civil rights and helping people create a better long-term economic and social future. For nearly 100 years, the ULEM has given hope to local residents in the form of education, job training and placement at no cost.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Manage our social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Constant Contact, etc).
- Write and share blog posts (Wordpress)
- Make minor edit webpage (Wordpress)
- Assist with special events to promote our programs and increase attendance.
- Take pictures and videos of events
- Collaborate on team presentations for management.
- Manage projects and aggressive deadlines while maintaining creative excellence.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing/English/Journalism, etc
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.