Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Interns for non for profit women's cancer foundationCarol Galvin Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternBookmark This
5660 Indian River Rd., Ste. 118
Virginia Beach, VA
Posted: July 29 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHappy Paws is Hampton Roads’ nonprofit, humane pet training center, offering professional instruction for pets and their caregivers. Whether you are looking for basic obedience, wanting to teach your critter some manners, or just want something fun to do with your dog, Happy Paws is here to help.
Happy Paws seeks an internship for our Outreach and Event Coordinator to plan, develop, implement and oversee marketing and support customer servcie for the organization. This is a great opportunity that will help develop skills in the following areas: marketing, social media, and pets. The successful candidate will be innovative, proactive, and have the ability to cultivate positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders including staff and volunteers. The position requires initiative, independent judgment as well as strong planning, logistical, and event management skills. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
15-25 hours/week. Evening and weekend hours are required on an as-needed basis otherwise schedule can be fairly flexible.
This is an unpaid internship.
** You will also have to opportunity to assist in dog training classes, if so desired.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management.
- Answer and return phone calls
** Optionally, you may elect to help with training classes and private training.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.