Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Organizing InternMove to Amend
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIA (Burma/Monitoring and Evaluation)NDI
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Marketing Intern w/ Social Media EmphasisBookmark This
Family Car Foundation Inc
Posted: August 25 2015
Company Location: Marietta, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFamily Car Foundation Inc is a non-profit organization. We provide vehicles, educational programs, repair help and car buying programs for low income or low documented individuals.
We are looking for a marketing intern with social media interest and skills. We have lots of wonderful programs we need to present to the public to fulfill our mission.
This position can turn into a permanent position.
About Family Car Foundation Inc. (FamCars)
FamCars is committed to helping families get the cars, information and resources to get their lives on the road to success.
Imagine for a moment that you and your partner share one vehicle for your family so that you both can get to work. You work in downtown Atlanta and your partner works in a suburb on the other side of the city almost 40 minutes by car to each office. You enjoy your work and with both jobs are able to provide basics for your 3 children. Without public transportation available from your home to the offices you rely on driving your spouse to a train station near the city and continuing on to your job in Marietta. This works for years until suddenly your car starts leaking coolant.
Not knowing what is happening you continue to drive to work after dropping your spouse off only to have the car overheat and blow the engine. You are devastated and don't know what to do. You have no way to get to work and after several hours a friend drives you home so you can pick up your children. With no vacation time on your hourly job, after 3 days you are fired. Your spouse was able to find friends to help out the first few days but now you have to come up with another option. Your credit was destroyed from a series of payday loans when your student loans and a few excessive utility bills had overwhelmed your incomes. Quickly things start to spiral and you have no idea what to do.
That is why we created an organization to provide a valuable resource to families! WITH YOUR HELP, families can turn to FamCars and get what they need to get on the road to success.
There are thousands of stories across the country of people traveling unthinkable distances by foot and public transportation to provide for themselves and their families.
Thousands of veterans who bravely fight for our nation return home to Georgia to face unemployment and barriers to employment often times rooted in not having access to reliable transportation.
In the metropolitan Atlanta area in particular, the lack of reliable transportation often leads to unemployment and underemployment as access to jobs is limited geographically.
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Pursuing or currently holds a Bachelors Degree in Marketing
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge