Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing Communications/PR InternBookmark This
March of Dimes
11960 Bricksome Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA
Posted: June 03 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe March of Dimes Marketing Communications/PR internship offers dynamic real-world experience for the creative, hardworking candidate.
Responsibilities include writing media materials, conducting reporter follow-up, supporting fundraising events, and executing social media programs. This is an unpaid internship though College credit is available if approved. The internship is located at the Baton Rouge office and reports to the Executive Director of Market Development with coordination with the Chair of the Marketing Communications Committee. Hours are 15 plus hours per week and flexible around classes. Interns who successfully complete the program will be offered assistance with crafting their resume along with formulating job search strategies.
The Capital Area March of Dimes serves the 9-parish region fighting premature birth. It’s the #1 killer of babies that costs American businesses $12 billion annually.
Louisiana ̶ and the city of Baton Rouge ̶ both received an "F" in the March of Dimes 2015 Premature Birth Report Card since too many babies are still being born too soon in this area.
For more than 75 years, this organization has helped moms take charge of their health and supported families if something goes wrong. The March of Dimes shares best practices to improve birth outcomes through research, education, vaccines, and breakthroughs, so every mom can have a healthy baby.
Responsibilities• Writing media materials, conducting research, and handling media follow-up
• Working with staff in the planning and execution of fundraising events
• Assisting with social media campaigns
• Attending the Marketing Communications Committee meetings
• Collaborating with March of Dimes staff, board members, and volunteers
• Helping to recruit volunteers and new supporters of March of Dimes
Requirements• Strong writing and editing skills required
• Must be well-versed with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media
• Required to be detail oriented, organized and capable of managing multiple projects
• Having a sense of urgency and the ability of meeting deadlines is essential
• Photography and graphic design experience is not required, but considered a plus