Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Meetings & Education Services InternBookmark This
Society of Research Administrators International
1560 Wilson Blvd, 310
Posted: November 08 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/02/17 — ? (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Society of Research Administrators International (SRA International | http://srainternational.org/ ) is the premier global research management society providing education, professional development and the latest comprehensive information about research management to 5,200 members from over 40 countries.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Meetings & Education Services Intern works hands on preparing for meetings, marketing and other educational opportunities. In particular they will provide administrative support to the Meeting & Education Department in preparation for the 2017 SRAI Section, Theme and Annual Meetings (2017 Western/Northeast meeting in Honolulu, 2017 Southern/Midwest Section meeting in Nashville, 2017 Annual Meeting in Vancouver, Canada October 14-18, etc.). The intern will report to the Program Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in event planning and conference management for a nonprofit and membership association.
SRA International reserves the right to update position description and responsibilities as needed.
Position Title: Meeting & Education Services Internship
Company Name: Society of Research Administrators International (SRA International)
Job Function: Internship, Planner-Internship
Entry Level: No
Job Type: Internships
Job Duration: 4-6 Months
Min Experience: 0-1 Year
Required Travel: None
Salary: $10-$12Hourly Wage based on experience
SRA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Project Manager and other team members to understand the details and intricacies of SRA International meetings in order to take on projects.
- Coordinate speaker logistics for the 2017 SRAI Section Meetings by drafting and emailing speaker confirmations, tracking speaker status and audio visual requirements and updating speaker information for the final program.
- Support volunteer training by developing materials and instructional video(s).
- Draft, design and edit program materials and signage for 2017 SRAI Section & Theme Meetings.
- Work on developing Call for Proposal platform for 2017 SRAI Annual Meeting.
- Assist in sending out bids and compiling quotes. Researching and collecting prices for different products, venues, etc.
- Assist in the design, functionality and content of various event websites for upcoming Section, Theme and Annual Meetings.
- Aid in the marketing of all education-related programs through various media outlets including posting information on the web and social sites, writing text and developing feature stories on selected educational programs and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Prior work experience with customer service required.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, with ability to see projects through from start through completion.
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office Suite experience and Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) required.
- Must possess written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with professionals of all levels.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.