- Internships /
- Non-profit /
- Motivated college student to further nonprofit's mission to serve veterans & their families
Program Assistant InternSt. Francis Center
Internship for Management, Marketing, and Social Media DevelopmentReal Estate Recovery Mission
Social Impact Assessment (SIA) FellowshipMercado Global
Social Media & Community Management InternAndrea Patrick Consulting
Office OrganizationWomen and Family Ascending Association
Spring InternshipWomen and Family Ascending Association
Program InternBack on My Feet Chicago
Richmond Ballet- Reception and Box Office InternRichmond Ballet
Motivated college student to further nonprofit's mission to serve veterans & their familiesBookmark This
2 Bethesda Metro Center
Posted: August 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are looking for a high-performing college student who would like to work on growing a nonprofit startup that serves veterans and their families.
We seek a motivated and high-energy student to take on the day-to-day administrative duties as well as be involved in all aspects of a startup including interfacing with the private and public sector, attend meetings with high level people in the military community as well as with professionals that support the armed forces.
We are eager to incorporate you into our group. If you are an organized, task-oriented and self-starter individual, we want to hear from you!
• Provide general administrative support including meeting planning, develop marketing material, oversee all social media (Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Instagram, etc.), coordination and preparation for conferences, meeting, agendas and calendar scheduling, budget entry and monitoring, contracts support, expense report and invoice processing
• Be able to help fundraise
• Attend industry events
• Compose and distribute routine correspondence including business communications
• Collaborate with multiple disciplines including marketing, accounting and media
• Help improve organizational workflow
• Interact with military personnel, veterans, and their families.
To qualify for this position, the candidate must:
• Have completed 2 years of college
• Interested in working in the nonprofit sector
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires juggling multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communications skills including oral, written and listening
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative and time management to prioritize work and deliver results
• Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.