Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
MSW and Counseling InternshipBookmark This
Karlis Family Center, 1777 Kipling Street
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionParticipate in ongoing community efforts to provide Parenting Time between children and adults. Assist staff in providing resources, referrals and educational information as needed to both children and adults.
Responsibilities- Meet with supervisor for supervision as needed; communicate needs and concerns as they arise.
- Supervise safety-based visits on a daily basis.
- Attend and actively participate in community meetings around the Denver Metro area.
- Advocate for a safe Parenting Time environment to community members and stakeholders.
- Represent Family Tree at community events and resource fairs.
- Help supervisor with tasks - data gathering through surveys and exit evaluations.
- Provide assistance to clients with Family Tree mission, values, goals and objectives in mind.
- Demonstrate positive social skills to clients.
- Adhere to Parenting Time Program rules, policies and procedures.
- Be on time for scheduled shift or call task supervisor.
- General house duties - cleaning, etc.
- Answer crisis and information phone calls.
- Follow Family Tree child abuse reporting procedures as a mandated reporter.
Requirements- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Desire and ability to work with children and families.
- Ability to work within chaotic environment - patience a must.
- Ability to de-escalate people in high conflict divorce and separation situations.
- Provide positive role modeling for families.
- Maintenance of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- DISCLAIMER - THERE IS NO TRADITIONAL THERAPEUTIC/COUNSELING COMPONENT IN THIS INTERNSHIP.