PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Outreach InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
General Intern for the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationThe American Bar Foundation
Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
Supervised Visitation Monitor/InternBookmark This
Karlis Family Center, 1777 Kipling Street
Posted: August 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionParticipate in ongoing community efforts to provide Parenting Time between children and adults. Assist staff in providing resources, referrals and educational information as needed to both children and adults.
- Becoming part of the Family Tree team, providing solutions for families in crisis to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
- Opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children and to create a more child-friendly community.
- Opportunity to participate and be active with a dynamic team of social service providers.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- Direct client contact with those going through the court process.
- Opportunity to be considered for employment with Family Tree.
- Serve as a facilitator during supervised parenting time at Karlis Family Center or at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church.
- Observe parents and children during their court-ordered visits, and take notes on the interaction, to provide to courts for review.
- Intervene in visit only when inappropriate behavior occurs.
- Complete initial training with parenting time program staff.
- Complete volunteer checklist and training hours.
- Arrive on time during scheduled shifts.
- Follow procedures for transition and supervision of children.
- Document objective observations according to the House Rules.
- Abide by all volunteer program House Rules.
- Complete mandatory follow up training including, but not limited to the Domestic Violence training.
- Our organization’s constituents will receive premier service and be connected with the best Family Tree staff member to meet their needs.
- Supervised Visitation Monitor/Intern will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Karlis Family Center staff at Karlis or at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support:
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts:
Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Supervised Visitation Monitor/Intern will have additional training from Karlis Family Center staff at Karlis or at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church.
Supervised Visitation Monitor/Intern is expected to be available for six months. The weekly commitment is four hours. Daytime and evening shifts are available.
- Completion of volunteer orientation and background check.
- Sufficient knowledge of conditions that require supervised visitations, i.e. physical or sexual abuse, neglect, chemical dependency, and/or mental illness.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess the ability to see and hear all interactions during supervised visits.
- Must be dependable – when scheduled to volunteer, must honor commitment and understand the consequences of calling in or no-showing for a shift.
- Must have good judgment, maturity, common sense, and a high degree of responsibility.
- The volunteer will act in a non-discriminatory manner toward all clients, regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, physical handicap, political affiliations, social or economic status, affliction preference, or sexual orientation.