Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Sales AssociateAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Communications & Public Relations InternBookmark This
The Family Tree, 3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship encompasses the communications and promotion to increase awareness about the mission, programs and services of The Family Tree.
- Learning and demonstrating your skill set for a premier not-for-profit organization in Colorado.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- Exposure to relationships Family Tree has in the community and helping to build on them.
- Assist with preparation of organizational communication – email blasts, website articles, newsletter, reports, flyers, brochures.
- Assist with identification of local media outlets in order to increase public awareness of Family Tree and its mission (print/electronic media, cable TV/radio)
- Develop PSAs and press releases.
- Participate in bi-weekly Gifts and Community Support team meetings
- Participate in Kaleidoscope meetings/subcommittee meetings to address inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
- Assist with further research on the uses and applications of social media networks in the service of communication and philanthropy.
- Identify civic clubs, churches, corporations, small and mid-sized businesses and other appropriate venues for public speaking opportunities for Family Tree and assist with management of Speakers Bureau.
- Participate in Family Tree Communications Council.
- Family Tree operations will have the necessary Public Relations support to ensure efficient and timely communication to the community.
- Gift and Community Support staff will increase their capacity to produce quality services for Family Tree employees, Board of Directors and Committees.
- Public Relations Intern role will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Gift and Community Support staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support:
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Communications and PR Intern will have additional training from Gifts and Community Support staff.
Communications/Public Relations Intern hours are flexible, 16-20 hours per week, during regular business hours (M-F 9am – 5pm). A six month commitment is preferred for a rich experience.
- A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software.
- Ability to work in a professional office setting and collaborating with staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of creative software is a plus.