Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Summer 2017- Information Technology (IT) Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- Graphic - Web Design Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Event Planning Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Group Leader Assistant Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Communications & Public Relations InternBookmark This
The Family Tree, 3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship encompasses the communications and promotion to increase awareness about the mission, programs and services of The Family Tree.
- Learning and demonstrating your skill set for a premier not-for-profit organization in Colorado.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- Exposure to relationships Family Tree has in the community and helping to build on them.
- Assist with preparation of organizational communication – email blasts, website articles, newsletter, reports, flyers, brochures.
- Assist with identification of local media outlets in order to increase public awareness of Family Tree and its mission (print/electronic media, cable TV/radio)
- Develop PSAs and press releases.
- Participate in bi-weekly Gifts and Community Support team meetings
- Participate in Kaleidoscope meetings/subcommittee meetings to address inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
- Assist with further research on the uses and applications of social media networks in the service of communication and philanthropy.
- Identify civic clubs, churches, corporations, small and mid-sized businesses and other appropriate venues for public speaking opportunities for Family Tree and assist with management of Speakers Bureau.
- Participate in Family Tree Communications Council.
- Family Tree operations will have the necessary Public Relations support to ensure efficient and timely communication to the community.
- Gift and Community Support staff will increase their capacity to produce quality services for Family Tree employees, Board of Directors and Committees.
- Public Relations Intern role will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Gift and Community Support staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support:
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium and Homelessness 101.
- Communications and PR Intern will have additional training from Gifts and Community Support staff.
Communications/Public Relations Intern hours are flexible, 16-20 hours per week, during regular business hours (M-F 9am – 5pm). A six month commitment is preferred for a rich experience.
- A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software.
- Ability to work in a professional office setting and collaborating with staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of creative software is a plus.