Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
National Special Events Intern (Unpaid)Bookmark This
American Liver Foundation
39 Broadway, Suite 2700
New York, NY
Posted: December 01 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Since 1976, the American Liver Foundation has remained steady in its mission, facilitating and promoting education, funding, research and advocacy related to liver health and wellness. The American Liver Foundation (http://www.liverfoundation.org) is the premier nationwide source of education and support for liver health and disease prevention. To learn more about the American Liver Foundation, visit liverfoundation.org or call 800-GO-LIVER.
The National Special Events Intern will report to and support the National Director of Special Events and National Special Events Coordinator in strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of fundraising efforts through large and small-scale national signature campaigns such as the Liver Life Walk, Flavors/Gala, Liver Life Challenge and Make a Difference events. With direction from the National Director of Special Events and National Special Events Coordinator, this position will also work with other development staff from across the country to help ensure that annual objectives and goals are achieved.
Responsibilities• Maintain the event fundraising and event demographics spreadsheets
• Assist with online research and outreach of potential event sponsors (in-kind, cash, etc) Outreach to include cold calls
• Assist with recruitment calls for Liver Life Walk
• Assist with customer service inquiries
• Support and play an integral role in development activities
• Provide support to development staff across the country
• Assist with the management of relationships and price negotiations with external vendors and event partners
• Work closely with development staff to ensure they have access to national branded materials such as brochures, posters, t-shirts and bibs
• Department administrative duties as needed
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong phone skills and willingness to make cold calls
• Ability to meet deadlines, stay organized and manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with using Microsoft Office programs and conducting online research
• Must enjoy working as a member of a team with multiple projects and be able to handle pressure with grace
• Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds
How to Apply
Please e-mail Kelly Smith at email@example.com with a cover letter in the body of the e-mail and resume attached in in .doc or .pdf format. Please include “National Special Events Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis.