Summer Food Service Program InternChild Care Resources, Inc.
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
Development Department Summer InternOMSI
Therapy/social curriculum workVillage Volunteers
Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Fundraising InternClara Vista
In-Country CoordinatorClara Vista
Front Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
NON PROFIT FUND RAISERBookmark This
121-125 Chestnut Street
Posted: August 14 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description.NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION WORKING WITH AT RISK YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
ResponsibilitiesThe most important requirement is for candidates to be working towards a degree, have relevant fundraising experience, either through previous employment or substantial voluntary work .
This area of work is very competitive, so obtaining a strong undergraduate degree (2:2 minimum) is highly recommended.
If you’re entering the profession fresh out of university, your first step may be working as a fundraising assistant.
Prior work experience in other sectors, such as social work, human services ,advertising, marketing and PR, events management, finance, media and sales, is acceptable if you don’t have charity-specific experience.
college credit preferred , english/spanish speaking a plus
1) Plans fund raising program for charities or other causes, and writes to, telephones, or visits individuals or establishments to solicit funds or gifts-in-kind: Compiles and analyzes information about potential contributors to develop mailing or contact list and to plan selling approach.
2) Writes, telephones, or visits potential contributors and persuades them to contribute funds or gifts-in-kind by explaining purpose and benefits of fund raising program.
3) Takes pledges or funds from contributors.
4) Records expenses incurred and contributions received.
5) May organize volunteers and plan social functions to raise funds.
6) May prepare fund raising brochures for mail-solicitation programs.
7) May train volunteers to perform certain duties to assist fund raising.