Customer serviceUpward African Woman
Office AssistantUpward African Woman
Social Justice Summer InternshipSummer Communities of Service
ALMA NYC (501(c)(3) Arts Company)ALMA NYC
UMD SAFE Center for Human Trafficking Survivors: Social Services Summer 2017 InternshipUniversity of Maryland SAFE Center
Special Events InternNational Kidney Foundation of Illinois
Camp CounselorProdigal Kids
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Non Profit Outreach Management TraineeBookmark This
2900 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Building 5
Posted: May 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitizens for Affordable Legal Aid Corp. is a non-profit 501 c 3 organization that has been formed to help Veterans, Individuals and Families achieve their goals academically, socially and economically. Formed in 2014, our goal is to provide affordable legal assistance, economic development, and social empowerment for Veteran, Immigrants, Women, and Economically Challenged Disenfranchised community members in need. That goal can be living the American dream, getting a new start in life, increasing their skills, or preparing their life so that they can be a success amongst themselves and in the community.
ResponsibilitiesNon Profit Veterans Community Outreach Manager Trainee works under the direct supervision of Fundraising & Marketing Manager, and duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Participate in onsite and online group training sessions relating to Community Outreach, Event Promotions, Social Media Marketing, & SEO techniques that team members will utilize within their assigned projects.
• Contacting other Nonprofits and Community Centers of Influence (Human Services, Department of Labor etc.) for the purposes of gaining referrals to our HIV C.U.R.E.D Community Health Workshop, our Free Credit Repair Program, and our other Work Training opportunities.
• Engage in active Fundraising Sales & Marketing Campaigns for Veterans Helping Veterans Initiative, Veteran Adaptive Sport Program, and Veteran Sober Living Homes.
• Research, create, and implement community outreach initiatives, and event promotion campaigns utilizing the internet, calls to community organizations, event websites, social media marketing, articles, press releases, viral videos, and other online marketing strategies to effect performance and turn out of nonprofit events online and offline.
• Complete daily action items and task as assigned by Marketing Director using automated tools like Hootsuite, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, EventBrite etc.
• Find & Locate Venues and Locations for events and workshops while updating event schedules and assist Marketing Director in daily event progress.
• Participating in and contributing to group meetings geared towards developing, testing, and implementing new event promotion campaigns.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, outgoing, charismatic, and organized individual to market our growing nonprofit services to local community members, businesses, government entities (Dept. of Labor, Dept Veterans Affairs, Dept Human Services) and organizations.
You will be directly involved with establishing and maintaining professional referral relationships with local nonprofits, governmental agencies, local business; and with promoting our nonprofit services (lunch and learn talks, health fairs, employment events, onsite HIV screenings) to businesses/organizations and community members.
The ideal candidate is one who is capable of meeting and connecting with new people, has high energy, is result-oriented, and is familiar with Nonprofit Social Initiatives. You are also a self-starter and appreciate accountability. Previous PR/Marketing/Sales experience a plus.