Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Non-Profit Accounting InternBookmark This
Posted: April 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLydia's Legacy is a 501c3 focused on awareness and education of gynecologic cancers. The organization is mainly volunteer and intern-run. We need dedicated interns to support critical business accounting activities for the organization.
Interns should be self-starters who are proactive. You will get to work with seasoned corporate executives, community volunteers and the medical community who all volunteer their time. This will allow you to build your network for future job opportunities and to support your growth in education.
This position can be virtual and for excellent, engaged interns, some travel may be provided. The internship is year-round and rotating, but the intern will need to provide a clear start and end date.
ResponsibilitiesManage key business accounting activities:
* Manage donor database clean-up (training provided)
* Complete monthly and annual accounting/reporting
* Complete electronic filling and clean-up of accounting documentation
* Manage ongoing key business correspondence as necessary
* Manage basic book-keeping and accounting
* Support managing director with administrative activities as needed
* Attend regular staff meetings and event meetings (may be off 8a - 5p business hours)
Requirements• Detail oriented (especially with data and files)
• Detail oriented (especially with data and files)
• Strong communication skills
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, QuickBooks (not required)
• Experience with data queries
• Strong organizational skills
• Must have laptop and reliable phone/internet service
• Some analytical skills required
SkillsRequired - Administrative Assistant, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Business Administration, Administration
Preferred - Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks