Graphic Design InternshipMove For Hunger
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
Volunteer Program and Training Assistant InternPlanned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Operations InternshipProject C.U.R.E.
Professional School Program Mgmt & Outreach CoordinationNCP
Volunteer Team Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Message Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Non-Profit Business Administration InternBookmark This
Posted: April 19 2016
Company Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionLydia's Legacy is a 501c3 focused on awareness and education of gynecologic cancers. The organization is mainly volunteer and intern-run. We need dedicated interns to support critical business infrastructure activities (administration and potentially some development) for the organization.
Interns should be self-starters who are proactive. You will get to work with seasoned corporate executives, community volunteers and the medical community who all volunteer their time. This will allow you to build your network.
This position can be virtual and for excellent, engaged interns, some travel may be provided. The internship is year-round and rotating, but the intern will need to provide a clear start and end date.
ResponsibilitiesManage key strategic business administration activities:
* Manage donor database clean-up (training provided)
* Manage documentation of key procedures, annual reports and other key documents
* Complete electronic filling of organizational documentation (clean up shared drives, archive outdated information, etc.)
* Manage ongoing key business correspondence as necessary
* Manage basic book-keeping and accounting
* Support board of directors activities
* Support managing director with administrative activities as needed
* Attend regular staff meetings and event meetings (may be off 8a - 5p business hours)
Requirements• Detail oriented (especially with data and files)
• Able to obtain stakeholder feedback to identify, prioritize and escalate issues
• Displays pride of ownership
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Creative and “Out of box” thinking
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, QuickBooks (not required)
• Experience with data queries
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have laptop and reliable phone/internet service
• Some analytical skills required
SkillsRequired - Accounting, Bookkeeping, Business Administration, Administrative Assistant, Administraion
Preferred - Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks