GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION'S AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM INTERN in Denver NCBookmark This
Firm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
2201 St. James Church Road
Posted: August 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 4 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc. is a Charlotte-based non-profit organization founded on the belief that by empowering young people and families with strong principles, knowledge and tools that we are installing within them a firm foundation that will allow them to sustain as upright and productive individuals. We believe that ALL have the potential to succeed in life and contribute to society.
Firm Foundations is currently in search of volunteer intern to aid in the success of our organization while gaining valuable experience in the non-profit field. In a positive, Christian-based work environment that allows one to directly see the impact of their hard work, we are sure to make this internship an enjoyable great work experience.
This Program Intern will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of our youth programs at our Denver, NC site at St. James United Methodist Church. These program consist of our iMPACT Learning After School Program, our family engagement program, mentoring programs and youth leadership program. This Program Intern will work alongside with staff and be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation at this new location.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain current knowledge of youth development and generate ideas on how to improve existing programs.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in the youth development field to aid in the expansion of the organization.
• Assist program director with all aspects of the program activities as necessary with scheduling, set-up, creating lesson plans, implementation, breakdown, volunteer assignments, etc.
• Generate reports to the director.
• Assist with all hosted events.
• All other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Must be living in the Lincoln County area
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate level students or recent college graduates.
• Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, Counseling, Education coursework or degrees preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Powerpoint and Excel required).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must have own transportation
• Will be required to complete and pass a background check