Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
NON-PROFIT PROGRAM INTERN (for All Girls' Mentoring Program) in Charlotte NCBookmark This
Firm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc.
1326 Prince Hall Rd
Posted: August 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirm Foundations Youth & Family Outreach, Inc. is a Charlotte-based non-profit organization founded on the belief that by empowering young people and families with strong principles, knowledge and tools that we are installing within them a firm foundation that will allow them to sustain as upright and productive individuals. We believe that ALL have the potential to succeed in life and contribute to society.
Firm Foundations is currently in search of volunteer interns to aid in the success of our organization while gaining valuable experience in the non-profit field. In a positive, Christian-based work environment that allows one to directly see the impact of their hard work, we are sure to make this internship an enjoyable great work experience.
This Program Intern will be responsible for implementing our iMATTER Girls Mentoring Program for females in grades 5th-12th. The program teaches young ladies about self-esteem, character development, life skills, career exploration, etc. The program is designed by providing small group mentoring sessions within schools, community centers and churches. This Program Intern will be responsible for assisting with curriculum development and implementation.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintain current knowledge of youth development and generate ideas on how to improve existing programs.
• Maintain knowledge of current trends in the mentoring field to aid in the expansion of the organization.
• Assist program director with all aspects of the mentoring program as necessary with scheduling, set-up, creating lesson plans, implementation, breakdown, volunteer assignments, etc.
• Recruit volunteers and create/manage database of volunteers.
• Responsible for donation requests, which include tracking requests, coordinating delivery or pick-up of items, managing inventory and reporting items donated.
• Generate reports to the director.
• Assist with all hosted events.
• All other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Must be a female living in the Charlotte, NC area
• Sophomore, Junior, Senior or graduate level students or recent college graduates.
• Social Work, Sociology, Human Services, Education coursework or degrees preferred.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Powerpoint and Excel required).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Must have own transportation (most work is "virtual" with approximately 4 hours a week onsite)
• Will be required to complete and pass a background check
SkillsRequired - Communications
Preferred - Counseling