Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Office AssistantBookmark This
Women of Color on the Move
2251 Florin Road, Suite 30
Posted: October 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Women of Color on the Move is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping women succeed and soar in their many responsibilities to themselves, their families and their community. Women of Color on the Move seeks to empower women of color by offering the tools necessary to succeed as individuals and within their family units. Women of Color on the Move works to improve the health and lives of women, their families, and their children.
This position is based out of the Women of Color on the Move office located at 2251 Florin Road, Suite 30, Sacramento, CA 98522. Some work may be done remotely.
This position is part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
This an unpaid volunteer position pending the receipt of grant funding. This position can be staffed as an internship provided the Office Assistant is receiving school credit.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer/intern is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The volunteer/intern must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will work directly with the board members, Office Manager, and Social Media Assistant. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and Administration. The Office Assistant will assist with the day-to-day administrative operations of Women of Color on the Move.
Specific responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
• Organize office in a way that optimizes procedures
• Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
• Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
• Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
• Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
• Coordinate with other staff to ensure compliance with established policies
• Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
• Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
• Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
• Receive, sort and distribute mail/communications and deliveries/couriers
• Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
• Other duties as necessary and related
RequirementsSkills and Experience Required
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
• Attention to detail and discretion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate or above knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of and experience with office equipment
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
• High school diploma
Skills and Experience Preferred (but not required)
• Prior receptionist or office assistant experience
SkillsRequired - MS Office Suite, Microsoft Office, Multitasking Skills, Attention To Detail, Communication
Preferred - Receptionist, Receptionist Duties