Development InternCure SPG47
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
Arts Administration Summer InternshipContinuo Arts Foundation
IT/Website InternParent Action Community Inc.
Office Assistant InternParent Action Community Inc.
YOUTH PROGRAMS- WOMEN IN SCIENCEWorld Learning
YOUTH PROGRAMS - IRAQI & US YOUTH LEADERSHIP & CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMSWorld Learning
Online Communications InternBookmark This
c/o Arcus Foundation, 17th Fl
44 W 28th St., 17th Fl/Arcus
New York, NY
Posted: August 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description*Please submit cover letter with application at www.arcusfoundation.org/employment. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis.*
Founded in 2000, the Arcus Foundation is a leading global foundation dedicated to the idea that people can live in harmony with one another and the natural world. Arcus’ work is based on the belief that respect for diversity among peoples and in nature is essential to a positive future for our planet and all of its inhabitants. We work with experts and advocates for change to ensure that LGBT people and our fellow apes thrive in a world where social and environmental justice are a reality. The Foundation works globally and has offices in New York City and Cambridge, United Kingdom.
To learn more, visit: www.arcusfoundation.org.
Arcus’ Communications team is looking for an intern eager to learn more about communications in a fast-paced environment while contributing to Arcus’ digital properties.
Key responsibilities: Work with online communications manager to strengthen social communities through research, updating and maintaining Arcus’ social media presence with timely, relevant, daily posting, and monitoring conversations and engagement with constituents.
• Support curation, actioning, and linking of content updates for website, including drafting text and uploading content (inc. photos, and video).
• Research and manage Arcus website Events section, highlighting grantee partners’ upcoming offline and online events, garnering public awareness of initiatives and events.
• Monitor release of recent publications authored by grantees and update Arcus Publications section of site according to editorial guidelines.
• Assist online communications manager in gathering information to action quarterly grantee listings for website.
• Assist in updating and regularizing grantee records in customized database.
• Assist in tracking and responding to social and web metrics.
• Assist in special editorial projects as necessary. Ideal experience and qualifications: Interns should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and be available part-time during term time and full-time during vacations. Days and hours are negotiable based on class load (generally between 15-25 hours per week). A commitment of one full semester or five months (1 semester) is preferred.
Interns should be based in the New York City area and/or willing to work from Arcus’ New York City office.
Requirements include excellent written and verbal skills, experience with social media and online publishing, journalism and/or communications studies, demonstrated interest and / or experience in and knowledge of social justice and/or conservation issues. Intern will receive a biweekly stipend.