Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Online Matching Event CoordintarBookmark This
A Family For Every Child
1675 W 11th Ave
Posted: March 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAFFEC is looking for somebody to plan online child matching events and online family matching events.
This includes sending registration e-mails, home study requests, making PowerPoint presentations, and setting up and distributing login information. Duties also include posting matching even work, such as submitting home studies and evaluating the factors of successful and unsuccessful outcomes.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research effective and new tools that will market matching events, thus making them more successful.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint and provide new ideas on how to improve the presentation of the matching events.
- Make sure every attendee has a legitimate and up to date home study and that AFFEC has a copy of their home study.
- Distribute login information to those who are able to attend
- Overcome barriers of how to get kids referred and caseworkers on board
- Work with web team to lay out webpage
- Build email templates, press releases, PSA’s and other marketing tools
- Carry out event
- Evaluate event, thank partners, enter all data
Requirements- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Computer skills/ data entry
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs