Volunteer Coordinator InternHOPE Farm
Women's Ministry InternHOPE Farm
Non Profit Office and Social Media InternVanderpump Dogs
Stop Puppy Mills Campaign InternThe Humane Society of the United States
Intern, International Services/ Service to Armed Forces (IS)American Red Cross of Central Ohio
Membership Volunteer InternMaryland Nonprofits
Fine Arts / Gallery InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
CAREER EXPLORATIONS TUTORAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Operations Assistant InternshipBookmark This
DC Law Students in Court
4340 Connecticut Ave, NW
Posted: August 17 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/02/17 — 05/02/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionD.C. Law Students In Court Program, Inc. (LSIC) is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that draws students from five national law schools (American, Catholic, Georgetown, George Washington and Howard universities) in Washington, D.C. Students are court-certified and represent indigent clients in civil and criminal cases in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. D.C. Law Students in Court is one of the largest and oldest legal service providers in D.C. It is an equal opportunity employer. Information about LSIC is available at http://www.dclawstudents.org/.
Please submit the following documents to Trevor Osterhaus, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover Letter
• Resume/Summary of relevant experience
• Three references (people who are not family members, at least one of whom has been responsible for evaluating your work). Please provide names, a brief description of your relationship to the person (e.g., your professor, your work supervisor, etc.), email addresses, and daytime phone number).
ResponsibilitiesAssistant Intern will assist the Office Manager with any of the following projects and activities:
• Communications: Answer phone and greet clients
• Case Management System: Update and record clients messages in CMS
• Legal Electronic File Archival Project for compliance with Document Retention Policy
• Filing: Organization of Vendor and Monthly Accounting records for annual audit
• Vendor analysis and cost optimization: Compile information into a readily accessible format for comparison. Create RFQs to seek out more cost-effective vendors.
• Accounting manual: under direction of Office Manager, assist with updating office procedures manual that reflects organizational policies and best practices.
* Interns will also be given different tasks by attorneys/students relating with clients and cases*
RequirementsQualifications and Skills:
• Basic understanding of office operations in a legal office and/or an interest in learning about it.
• Experience with HTML formatting and input.
• Familiarity using databases and high comfort level with numbers and technology.
• Intermediate or advanced experience in using Excel
• Comfortable learning new software applications.
• Majors in: Business, Finance, Political Science, English, Sociology, Communication
• Candidates should have a strong work ethic and the ability to commit to working with the department for the term of the internship.
• Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized and detail oriented, respect and maintain the confidentiality of financial information, and be able to work independently and on multiple projects under deadline.