Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Operations Internship (Part Time/ Internship) Meals On Wheels AtlantaBookmark This
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Dr NW
Posted: January 12 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionREPORTS TO: Director of Operations
WORK HOURS: Flexible hours Monday – Friday, 2-5 days per week
LENGTH OF TIME: Flexible Internships in the Spring, Summer, and Fall
Meals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) Mission is to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community. Each year, MOWA accomplishes this by delivering nutritious meals, repairing homes, providing community and wellness support, and helping seniors and their families manage Alzheimer's and dementia.
(MOWA) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as an Operations Intern. The intern will provide administrative and staff support while gaining a deeper knowledge of the operations of our Home Delivered Meal, Adult Day Care, Home Repair and Senior Companion programs.
• Increase a student's sense of responsibility.
• Acquire good work habits.
• Enhance multi-tasking skills.
• Enhance communication skills..
• Improve public speaking and training Skills.
• Better understanding of Atlanta nonprofit network.
INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Assist with documentation of departmental programs including Social Media postings, newsletter articles and volunteer thank you letters.
• Participate in volunteer events.
PROGRAMMATIC RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS:
• Assist with development and tracking of departmental needs assessment process.
• Create and update departmental policies and procedures manual.
• Develop and complete departmental history project including interviews with staff members.
• Update resource guides and vendor lists.
• Develop and implement customer profile documentation.
• Provide general administrative support for the Home Repair Services department.
• File review and maintenance.
• Assist with client database.
• Internet Research.
• Ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally (Customer Service).
• Ability to drive to and from volunteer activities mostly in the Atlanta metro area.
• Must be a current student or recent graduate.
• Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Must have transportation and use it on occasion for work duties.
• Must be able to lift over 20-30 lbs.
• Outgoing demeanor, with the ability to motivate others.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
• Highly organized.
• Able to multi-task and respond to deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point. Knowledge of Raisers Edge, ServTracker, and SharePoint management software is considered a plus.
Additionally, all MOWA Interns are expected to take on additional responsibilities and participate in organizational wide endeavors as appropriate. Internship descriptions are not limited to items in formal internship description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Meals On Wheels Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the Intern will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.