Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Bringing Down the House Production Assistant InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Marketing & Communications InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Operations Management InternBookmark This
House of Blues Music Forward Foundation
7083 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: October 14 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Music Forward is a national, independent non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating real-life skills for youth using music as the bridge to success. Focusing on young people ages 12-19 in underserved communities, we set the stage for success by providing workshops and showcases to kick-start musical careers; fulfill musical dreams by equipping dedicated young musicians with instruments; and inspire the next generation of music industry leaders with hands-on career exploration. Music Forward is the evolution of the International House of Blues Foundation, which began in 1993.
Learn more at www.hobmusicforward.org.
Music Forward is seeking a highly organized self-starter with aspirations to make a difference and develop a career in the non-profit sector. Interns will work closely with the Director of Operations with ongoing responsibilities and 1-2 long-term projects tailored to the interns’ learning objectives, abilities, interests and timing of internship. Interns will receive insight into organizational strategy, basic accounting and financial processes, database development, as well as develop project management, collaboration and presentation skills.
Internship begins the week of January 9, 2017. Exact dates to be set depending on school calendar and dates agreed upon between Music Forward and intern. Internship to run January – April 2017. Candidates must be available for 12-16 hours/ week in our office between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
LOCATION: 7083 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 200, Hollywood, CA 90028
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid volunteer position. Great opportunity to get hands-on experience, as well as receive training through a series of workshops to develop project management, communication, budgeting and other skills. Organized, as well as informal, opportunities to meet and network with staff and other interns. We support academic credit requirements.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject: “Operations Intern - Your Name”. There will be one round of interviews that will occur on a rolling basis.
• Research designated key topics related to the music industry and nonprofit sector. Present key findings to relevant staff and organize info on Knowledge Management System.
• Design and launch a creative recruiting strategy for our summer internship program, including one digital campaign, and expand awareness of Music Forward on two or more target campuses.
• Assist with planning annual management strategy session. Engage stakeholders, create budget, and present recommendation.
• Assist with the development and testing of our database, generate Board and Management dashboards and support analysis
• Currently enrolled at a college/university
• Demonstrated interest in music business, marketing, and/or non-profit organizations
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Creative and resourceful, enjoy turning ideas into reality
• Must work well independently and as a team member
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Able to maintain confidentiality