Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Organizing InternBookmark This
Move to Amend
Posted: October 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMove to Amend is the the national campaign to Abolish Corporate Personhood and Defend Democracy. We are mobilizing a movement to amend the US Constitution to establish that corporations are not people and that financial contributions to political campaigns are not free speech.
We are seeking bright, energetic folks to join our team as interns this spring and fall. Interns can either work out of the new office space in Sacramento, CA, or telecommute from anywhere in the United States.
Move to Amend is seeking an organizing intern to assist with a range of organizing support projects. You will engage in activities to mobilize our members to take action with the campaign. Our organizing team also provides support and training to Move to Amend affiliate groups to assist with grassroots education and action.
- On-site internship: Up to $500 travel reimbursement to get to Sacramento. Also includes room & board in Sacramento, CA + $50/month for incidentals.
- Telecommute internship: $300/month stipend to cover internship costs and supplies. Must have computer, phone and high speed internet access.
Hours: Part time, 25-35 hours per week for on-site interns, open to less hours for the right person (telecommute option only).
Location: Sacramento, CA OR Telecommute
HOW TO APPLY:
For information on the application process, please visit http://movetoamend.org/internships and follow the instructions under the subsection titled "Application Process". DO NOT SIMPLY CLICK "APPLY" THROUGH THE INTERNSHIPS.COM INTERFACE BELOW. INCORRECTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Thank you!
Responsibilities- Quickly learn about the issues on which we work and the positions we take on them, as well as the range of organizing tactics we employ.
- Use our online advocacy and email software, as well as our website content management system and our supporter contact database.
- Produce content for Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites.
- Attend, facilitate, and help with logistics for various events and meetings.
- Coordinate and train new affiliate leaders to use database and access Move to Amend organizing resources.
- Develop outreach materials.
- Assist, support and participate with the National Staff at phone banks, conference calls, other activities as needed and directed.
- Support Move to Amend barnstorming tours, including outreach, logistics and creating materials.
- Review incoming communications. Direct requests to the appropriate parties. Respond to public inquiries as required.
- Assist in the graphic design of print or Web-based material.
- Conduct research.
- Assist with proofing and tracking of documents, letters, and files
- Perform other functions as needed.
Requirements- Be a superb writer who communicates in a precise, concise, accessible and persuasive manner (will be asked to submit writing samples).
- Have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Web applications, Google Docs, experience with Adobe design software a plus).
- Work hard and stay on task.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Excel whether working individually or in teams.
- Work well with people - strong interpersonal skills.
- Take responsibility for assignments and meet deadlines.
- Flourish in an environment that is highly transparent and collaborative.
- Possesses political savvy, and be knowledgeable about and interested in politics, policy, advocacy, and social movements.
- Consume various types of media and be familiar with current events.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a strong passion for Move to Amend and the issues we address
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Drupal, Basecamp, CiviCRM, Salsa, and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign
- An operating vehicle