Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Outreach and Marketing InternBookmark This
1420 Pine Street
Posted: October 20 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 2000, Year Up is a non-profit organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experiences and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Year Up recognizes that the Opportunity Divide—specifically, historical barriers to education and professional work—is driven by race, ethnicity, national origin and socio-economic status. Year Up seeks to close the divide by setting high expectations and providing high support for our young adults.
Through a one-year intensive training program, Year Up provides urban young adults ages 18-24 with a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit, and corporate internships. Year Up lives by and adheres to a core set of values that reflects an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young adults. With a $40 million operating budget, Year Up will serve more than 1,400 students in 2011 across eight sites in Atlanta, Baltimore (community college pilot program), Boston, Chicago, New York City, Providence, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. In 2009, when 75% of non-profits either did not grow or remained flat, Year Up grew its revenue by 23%, enabling us to increase the number of students we serve by 56%.
Year Up has the distinction of being rated one of the Top 10 non-profits in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, one of the 50 best nonprofits to work for by the NonProfit Times, and one of the best non-profits to work for by Opportunity Knocks. Other awards include Fast Company Magazine’s Social Capitalist Award for innovative business model and social impact in 2005, 2007, and 2008. In 2009, the Harvard Business School published a case study on Year Up’s origins and success.
Please visit www.youtube.com/yearupinc to hear Founder and CEO, Gerald Chertavian share his motivation for starting Year Up.
ResponsibilitiesOutreach and Recruitment
• Support admissions team in pursuing various methods of advertising, and outreach including but not limited social media, direct mailings and outreach visits
• Process prospective student interest forms
• Follow up with prospective student inquiries via phone or email
• Participate in prospective student interview and assessments
• Work with Year Up students on a daily basis on Outreach activities
• Assist in the coordination of data collection, and file management with Admissions and Outreach Team
• Assist in managing the outreach calendar of events including, info sessions and outreach events
• Maintain and regularly update organizations database with contact information and documentation
To apply email Mlipset@yearup.org with your cover letter and resume.
Requirements• Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
• Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – with an ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Highly developed project and time management skills
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with PowerPoint, Outlook and database software preferred
• An interest in working with urban young adults
• Interest in issue relating the employment and educational landscape for young adults in Philadelphia.