Operations InternshipProject C.U.R.E.
Professional School Program Mgmt & Outreach CoordinationNCP
Volunteer Team Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Message Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Fundraising and Partnership Development InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Editorial / Journalism InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Outreach and Recruitment InternBookmark This
Year Up - Providence
40 Fountain Street
Posted: October 08 2015
DescriptionContact Samantha Rivera at Srivera@yearup.org or 401.421.7819 ext. 1156 for more information.
Founded in 2000, Year Up is a non-profit organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experiences and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Year Up recognizes that the Opportunity Divide—specifically, historical barriers to education and professional work—is driven by race, ethnicity, national origin and socio-economic status. Year Up seeks to close the divide by setting high expectations and providing high support for our young adults. Through a one-year intensive training program, Year Up provides urban young adults ages 18-24 with a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit, and corporate internships.
ResponsibilitiesOutreach and Recruitment
• Support admissions team in pursuing various methods of advertising, and outreach including but not limited social media, direct mailings and outreach visits
• Process prospective student interest forms
• Follow up with prospective student inquiries via phone or email
• Participate in prospective student interview and assessments
• Work with Year Up students on a daily basis on Outreach activities
• Assist in the coordination of data collection, and file management with Admissions and Outreach Team
• Assist in managing the outreach calendar of events including, info sessions and outreach events
• Maintain and regularly update organizations database with contact information and documentation
Requirements• Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
• Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – with an ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Highly developed project and time management skills
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with PowerPoint, Outlook and database software preferred
• An interest in working with urban young adults
• Interest in issue relating the employment and educational landscape for young adults in RI.
Contact Samantha Rivera at Srivera@yearup.org or 401.421.7819 ext. 1156 for more information.