Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Outreach InternshipBookmark This
205 W. Randolph
Posted: May 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionAbout Imerman Angels:
Through our unique matching process, Imerman Angels partners anyone seeking cancer support with a “Mentor Angel”. A Mentor Angel is a cancer survivor or caregiver who is the same age, same gender, and most importantly who has faced the same type of cancer.
Our service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
This internship will give its participant(s) a firsthand view of all areas of outreach, specifically through the use of grass-roots efforts, while working for a close-knit nonprofit organization. While Imerman Angels is well-known in Chicago and parts of the Midwest, it is not as well known on the coasts. Participants will have the opportunity to assist with national outreach efforts to ensure Imerman Angels is known all over the country and the world.
• Assist Outreach Coordinator with maintaining, growing, and training our nation-wide outreach volunteers, called Ambassadors.
• Pin-point hospitals, businesses, corporations, etc. where Imerman Angels should have a presence and help to forge those relationships.
• Help to organize literature, resources, etc. for our nationwide volunteers.
• Assist with outreach events, such as our hospital events, called Socials. (During regular business hours.)
• Provide emotional support to those you encounter and ensure the cancer fighters and caregivers receive the support they’re requesting, so no one has to face cancer alone!
• Various administrative tasks.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Outreach Coordinator.
• A desire to help grow Imerman Angels’ presence all over the country and the world.
• Currently working toward or having recently completed a degree in a related field. (Sociology, psychology, social work, cultural anthropology, human services, etc.)
• Skilled with computers (Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, etc.)
• We are a small office, and we rely upon our abilities to work and enjoying working with each other. Candidates be able to communicate in a professional manner with everyone they come in contact with.
• The ability to work under a deadline and to multi-task effectively.
• Strong leadership skills, and the ability to work both with a team and also independently with little instruction.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Salesforce
Preferred - Skilled Relationship Builder, Community Outreach