Development InternshipGilda's Club Metro Detroit
Community Outreach and Fundraising InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Community Outreach InternshipAmerican Autism Association
Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Outreach InternshipBookmark This
205 W. Randolph
Posted: May 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Imerman Angels:
Through our unique matching process, Imerman Angels partners anyone seeking cancer support with a “Mentor Angel”. A Mentor Angel is a cancer survivor or caregiver who is the same age, same gender, and most importantly who has faced the same type of cancer.
Our service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
This internship will give its participant(s) a firsthand view of all areas of outreach, specifically through the use of grass-roots efforts, while working for a close-knit nonprofit organization. While Imerman Angels is well-known in Chicago and parts of the Midwest, it is not as well known on the coasts. Participants will have the opportunity to assist with national outreach efforts to ensure Imerman Angels is known all over the country and the world.
• Assist Outreach Coordinator with maintaining, growing, and training our nation-wide outreach volunteers, called Ambassadors.
• Pin-point hospitals, businesses, corporations, etc. where Imerman Angels should have a presence and help to forge those relationships.
• Help to organize literature, resources, etc. for our nationwide volunteers.
• Assist with outreach events, such as our hospital events, called Socials. (During regular business hours.)
• Provide emotional support to those you encounter and ensure the cancer fighters and caregivers receive the support they’re requesting, so no one has to face cancer alone!
• Various administrative tasks.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Outreach Coordinator.
• A desire to help grow Imerman Angels’ presence all over the country and the world.
• Currently working toward or having recently completed a degree in a related field. (Sociology, psychology, social work, cultural anthropology, human services, etc.)
• Skilled with computers (Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, etc.)
• We are a small office, and we rely upon our abilities to work and enjoying working with each other. Candidates be able to communicate in a professional manner with everyone they come in contact with.
• The ability to work under a deadline and to multi-task effectively.
• Strong leadership skills, and the ability to work both with a team and also independently with little instruction.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Salesforce
Preferred - Community Outreach, Skilled Relationship Builder