Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Interns for non for profit women's cancer foundationCarol Galvin Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Pacific Art League Office Management InternshipBookmark This
Pacific Art League
668 Ramona Street
Palo Alto, CA
Posted: December 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOffice Management Intern
The Pacific Art League (PAL) Office Management Intern will work with various departments within the organization to assist in its smooth operation throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in gaining exposure to the non-profit sector while adding practical experience to their resume.
Duration of internship
200+ hours per semester with flexible schedule. Available year-round.
There is no monetary compensation at this time. Intern will be eligible to take one Pacific Art League class or workshop per quarter. Please supply a résumé of past experience and a short statement of interest in the position.
About Pacific Art League
Now in its 94th year, Pacific Art provides an environment for advancing the expression, appreciation and enjoyment of the arts
Dedicated to sustaining the great tradition of promoting art, training emerging artists and enriching lives in the San Francisco Peninsula since 1921, the Pacific Art League currently enrolls over 2,100 students of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels in classes taught by a faculty of 60 experienced artists at its downtown Palo Alto location. The gallery showcases monthly juried exhibits as well as other selected work by local artists. The League also offers summer art camps for youth and regular special events for art lovers as part of the growing vibrant art scene in the area.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will work with various Pacific Art League Staff to:
● Handle gatekeeping responsibilities for the main office line by answering customer questions and/or transferring calls to the appropriate staff member
● Work with Exhibition Manager to assist with monthly exhibition preparation, hanging and artist relations
● Work with Pacific Art League staff to assist with class/workshop registration, art sales, PAL events and membership issues
● Work with Pacific Art League staff to create internal scheduling documents for Exhibitions, etc.
● Work on other projects as assigned
Requirements● Focused, determined problem solver that requires little supervision
● Task-oriented self-starter with good organizational and analytical skills
● Computer literate - data entry, Google Docs and Microsoft Office
● Ability to professionally interface with individuals of all ages
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Computer Literate, Professional Phone Skills
Preferred - Analytical Skills, Organized self-starter