Part-time Fall Internship at a Chicago Non-ProfitImerman Angels
Development InternIraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Communications InternIraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
C4 Fall Catalyst Internship 2017The C4 Group
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Hotline & Shelter Manager: City Union MissionTechMission, Inc
Part-Time Program Crew MemberBookmark This
15401 Red Hill Ave., Suite F
Posted: August 11 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionVital Link is a non-profit that provides hands-on, career exploration experiences for high school students, helping them carve out their own unique career path. Our programs and exhibits help students sort through their interests, get excited, and literally try on a career for a day.
Our organization is looking for young professionals with a passion for learning and sharing their knowledge with middle school and high school youths. If you want to make an impact on your community, this is the job for you!
Learn more: www.vitallinkoc.org
Responsibilities- Set up, tear down, and demonstrate Career Exploration Program activities.
- Set up exhibits.
- Demonstrate exhibit activities to middle and high school students.
- Tear down exhibits, check exhibit inventory, and pack the displays.
- Load and reload truck and secure exhibit displays for safe transportation.
- Assist with administrative office work at the Vital Link headquarters when necessary.
Requirements- Must be comfortable working in a team environment.
- 18 years of age with a H.S. Diploma (college preferred).
- Reliable and committed to meeting the schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to interact with volunteers and help direct them in support of the exhibit activities.
- Ability to track and keep exhibit materials and equipment organized and in good condition.
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to speak clearly with middle and high school students.
- Must have a professional image and uphold the Vital Link standard of behavior.
- High-energy with the ability to engage and excite the students about the activities.
- Competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and internet functions.
- Set up projection equipment and audio/video displays. Training will be provided.
- Advanced computer skills preferred.
- Must have California Driver’s License, car insurance and reliable transportation to travel throughout Southern California program locations.
- Ability to move rolling carts from the parking lot into the exhibit location.
- Ability to bend, lift, and carry exhibit components that weigh between 10-30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Dress Requirements – Wear black or Khaki pants, tennis shoes. A Vital Link polo and t-shirt will be provided.