Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
121-125 Chestnut Street
Posted: November 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMcMILLAN COMMUNITY OUTREACH CENTER a non profit organization that serves at risk youth and their families , doing out reach through the arts ... music, radio, tv, and other performing arts ... transforming lives through art forms.
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs custom and specialized photography in-house or on location using a variety of still cameras and other photographic equipment; determines film type, camera setting, lighting requirements and other specifications to ensure quality shooting.
* Develops films, makes color prints, enlargements and projection slides to be used for publications, exhibits and displays.
* Mounts slides and operates photographic equipment and slide duplicating equipment to duplicate slides and filmstrips.
* Maintains print and negative file of photographs taken for future use/reference; maintains files on client billings.
* Maintains inventory of various photographic supplies such as chemicals and paper; orders supplies according to departmental policies and/or budget constraints.
* Requisitions supplies according to department policies and/or budget guidelines.
* Oversees work of Photographer, Assistants or Photo Technicians; assigns work as needed; trains staff.
* May operate various graphic design equipment such as cameras, graphic computers and printing and lettering equipment.
* Consults with clients to determine needs based on end use, budget and time.
RequirementsSKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
A photographer should:
* be creative, with a good eye for a picture
* be reliable and able to meet deadlines
* be motivated and determined
* have excellent technical and photographic skills
* have computer skills, especially with computer programs such as Photoshop
* have good communications skills
* be confident organizing people
* be able to listen and interpret the client's needs
* be able to focus on getting a good picture no matter what is going on around them
* have commercial awareness and be good at marketing themselves
Associate's degree in Photography, Fine Arts, Journalism or related field AND two years photography experience; OR, Four years photography experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.